What You Need:
6 skinless chicken breasts
4 lemons, halved
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 garlic cloves, smashed
For Balsamic Dressing:
Salt and pepper to taste
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Place the chicken breasts in a large shallow pan. Squeeze the juice from the lemon halves into a separate bowl, then whisk in the oil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Pour this marinade over the chicken. Place the lemon halves in between the chicken breasts, cover the pan tightly. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
3. Grill the chicken, occasionally turning and brushing with any remaining marinade, until the juice runs clear or the inner temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from the grill and place on a plate of greens and garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of oregano.
For the Balsamic Dressing:
Whisk ingredients together in small bowl and drizzle over the greens and chicken. Serve immediately.
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds large Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs (5 to 6 thighs)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lemons (1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges)
- 2 large or 3 medium red onions, halved and thinly sliced
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven. Place a large cast-iron baking dish or a rimmed baking sheet on the rack and preheat to 500 degrees F. Put the potatoes, garlic, olive oil, 1 tablespoon water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large microwave-safe baking dish and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap, pierce the plastic in a few places with a knife and microwave 8 minutes to partially cook.
Meanwhile, pat the chicken dry and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with the paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add 2 tablespoons parsley and the lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside.
Remove the hot baking dish from the oven; carefully add the potatoes and spread in an even layer. Scatter the onions on top. Roast until the potatoes start to brown, about 12 minutes.
Flip the potatoes and lay the chicken pieces on top, adding any accumulated juices from the bowl; return to the oven and roast until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 12 more minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Serve with the lemon wedges.