What You Need:
2 (12-oz.) pkg. fresh green beans
3/4 teaspoon table salt, divided
1 pound petite red potatoes
1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook green beans and 1/2 teaspoon salt in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking process; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Bring potatoes and cold water to cover to a boil in large saucepan over medium-high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes total. Drain and let cool 30 minutes. Slice potatoes into 1/4- to 1/2-inch rounds.
3. Gently toss together green beans, potatoes, bell pepper, red onions, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add Lemon-Soy Vinaigrette, and gently toss to combine. Transfer mixture to a serving platter, and top with mint, almonds, and sesame seeds. Serve room temperature or chilled.
What You Need:
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces fusilli or other corkscrew pasta
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, halved lengthwise, or broccoli florets (or a combination)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fusilli and cook as the label directs.
2. Add the sugar snap peas and/or broccoli, carrots and bell pepper to the boiling water during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and vegetables and return to the pot.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until just golden, about 30 seconds.
4. Add the tomatoes, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until the tomatoes begin to wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water. Pour the tomato mixture over the pasta and vegetables. Add the mint, parmesan and half the goat cheese and toss to combine. Season with salt.Divide the pasta among bowls. Top with the remaining goat cheese and drizzle with olive oil.