What You Need:
- 1⁄2 pounds thick-cut bacon
- 1⁄4 cups honey
- 4 slices cinnamon swirl bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cups brown sugar pecans lightly chopped (recipe below)
- 4 slices Creamy Havarti Chunk (or 4 ounces grated)
- For the Pecans
- 16 ounces pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
For the Pecans
- Arrange pecan halves in an aluminum foil lined 13x9 baking dish. Set pan aside. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat and add brown sugar, vanilla, salt. Stir one minute and remove from heat. Continue stirring until brown sugar dissolves. Pour over pecans, stirring to coat. Bake at 325º for 20 to 25 minutes; stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
For the Grilled Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Layer a baking sheet with a 1-inch lip of parchment paper. Place the strips of bacon on the parchment, and then brush the strips with the honey. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done, depending on the thickness of the bacon. Transfer to paper towels to drain and cool. Cut or break the bacon strips in half. Spread ½ tablespoon of butter on one side of each slice of the bread.
- Place one slice of the grated Creamy Havarti on the non-buttered side of bread ((or sprinkle 1 ounce of grated cheese)or. Sprinkle with some of the brown sugar pecans, then layer on the bacon and top with another slice of creamy Havarti (or sprinkle with another ounce of grated cheese). You will have leftover pecans so save for salads or to snack on.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Place the sandwich in the pan, buttered side down, and top with the other slice of bread, buttered side facing up. Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bread on one side is golden. Reduce the heat to medium-low; flip the sandwich to the other side and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bread is toasty golden and the cheese has melted. The second side will cook faster than the first, so watch it carefully.