What You Need:
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. (16 to 20 ct.) shelled, deveined shrimp
- 8 oz. squid (bodies), rinsed, patted dry and sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. Arborio rice
- 3 1/2 c. seafood broth
- 1 bottle (8 oz.) clam juice
- 12 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- Parsley and lemon wedges, for garnish
- In deep 12-inch cast iron skillet, heat oil on medium-high until hot but not smoking. Add shrimp, squid and pinch salt. Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp starts to brown, stirring once. With slotted spoon, transfer to medium bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and tomatoes. Cook 8 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add rice; cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Transfer to skillet, add broth and clam juice, stirring to distribute rice evenly in pan. Heat to boiling on medium-high. Boil, without stirring, 15 minutes. Nestle shrimp, squid and clams on top of rice. Cover skillet with lid or foil; cook another 10 to 16 minutes or until clams open and rice is just tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley and lemons.