What You Need:
- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta
- ½ cup (1 stick) plus 3 tablespoons salted butter
- ¾ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat, continuing to cook the butter until browned and the color of deep amber, constantly swirling the pan so it doesn’t burn.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the breadcrumbs, parsley, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir the breadcrumbs to coat them in the butter and remove from the heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining ½ cup (1 stick) butter and garlic together. This infuses the butter with the garlic.
- Add the garlic butter to the bowl of pasta and toss to coat completely.
- Then add the buttered breadcrumbs and toss to coat.
- Serve hot.