What You Need:
- 1 tube refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1/4 c. baking soda
- 3 c. warm water
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces. Stretch and roll each piece into a long rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella and a bit of Parmesan into the center of each rectangle. Roll the dough tightly, making sure no cheese is exposed, into a tight rope. Twist and shape the rolls into a pretzel shape and transfer to prepared pan.
- Add baking soda to a shallow bowl filled with warm water. Whisk until the baking soda is dissolved. Brush baking soda solution onto each pretzel. Let set until the pretzels have dried, about 10 minutes, then brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder, more Parmesan and parsley.
- Bake until the pretzels are golden,18 to 20 minutes.