What You Need:
- 1 Pound loaf Italian bread
- 1 Cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 Cup cucumber – peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 Cup chopped red onion
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 Cups chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 Cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Rub a peeled clove of garlic around a wooden salad bowl.
- Pull apart or chop the bread into bite-size pieces.
- In the prepared salad bowl, combine the bread, tomatoes cucumbers, red onions, garlic, basil and thyme. Add enough olive oil and vinegar to lightly coat, toss and serve.