What You Need:
- 5 red bell peppers
- 1 lb. spicy Italian ground sausage
- 1/2 c. cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 c. steamed long grain white rice
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Italian blend cheese, divided
- Finely chopped parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease a casserole dish. Slice off tops of bell peppers, then remove the membranes and seeds and discard. Arrange empty peppers standing up in prepared casserole dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and rice, then add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and ½ cup cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Spoon sausage mixture into bell peppers and top with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is completely melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with pepper and top with parsley. Serve immediately.