What You Need:
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 8 small slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 Slider buns
- 1 c. baby spinach
- In a medium saucepan, cook crushed tomatoes, 2 teaspoons garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper for 5 minutes; keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs, remaining garlic, parsley, Parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes, egg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and combine. Add ground beef until well incorporated; do not over-mix.
- Divide into 8 meatballs and place on baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Place piece of cheese on each meatball and return to oven until cheese melts.
- Serve meatballs on slider buns with tomato sauce, spinach, and meatballs.