What You Need:
- 1 1/2 lb. beef shoulder roast
- 2 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 15-ounce can green enchilada sauce
- 1 tbsp. corn starch plus 3 tbsp. cold water
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Salsa, onions, cilantro, chopped tomatoes, avocado, for garnish
- Pour 1 cup water into your slow cooker. Add beef roast, then sprinkle taco seasoning and chili powder over the beef. Cover and cook on low until fall-apart tender, 8 hours. Shred with two forks.
- In a medium saucepan, bring enchilada sauce to a boil. Stir together cornstarch and water until dissolved in a small bowl, then add to enchilada sauce and reduce heat to medium-low, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease a large casserole or baking dish. Spread half of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange tortillas on a clean flat surface. Divide 1 cup cheese among tortillas. Top with shredded beef. Roll tightly and place side by side in baking dish. Top with remaining half enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and bake until cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes. Uncover and bake 4 to 5 minutes more. Top enchiladas with desired toppings and serve.